Azelaic Acid: Miracle Weapon Against Acne?
Azelaic acid is relatively unknown, but it can be very effective for skin conditions such as acne. You can find out everything about acid here.
REALR ACU Serum combines powerful Azelaic Acid(Reduce inflammation of redness and acne) Tea Tree Extract anti-inflammation and antimicrobial properties.
Azelaic acid: what's behind it?
- Azelaic acid is a saturated dicarboxylic acid and appears as a white, odorless solid. The acid occurs in grasses such as wheat, rye or barley.
- But what makes this acid so special? First and foremost, it can help reduce pigmentation marks on the skin. In addition, azelaic acid ensures smooth skin with an even shade.
- For skin care products, synthetically manufactured variants are mostly used , as these have advantages in terms of effectiveness and consistency. Products with a concentration above 10 percent are usually only available on prescription . However, significantly smaller amounts can have positive effects on the skin.
- However, there are only a few brands that have discovered the active ingredient and actually use it . This is also because the wrong dosage in the production quickly leads to a granular product, which causes skin problems rather than alleviates them.
The effects of azelaic acid
- Azelaic acid can have a direct influence on the microbial skin flora. There it can inhibit the bacterium Propionibacterium acnes , which is often found in the skin in acne .
- The acid reduces the free fatty acids , which are primarily responsible for pain caused by reddened and inflamed areas.
- Azelaic acid regulates cornification disorders (hyperkeratosis), which are often used as a trigger for acne . The maturation of the skin cells is inhibited by the acid and the flakes of the skin can more easily come off.
- Azelaic acid can also strengthen your skin if you develop rosacea (skin disease) and reduce pimples and blemishes.
Application of azelaic acid
- Products with the active ingredient azelaic acid are usually in the form of creams or gels. Important: Before applying, wash your skin and let it dry thoroughly. You use about half a gram for the entire face.
- You can still adjust the dosage depending on the reaction of the skin. If irritation occurs, reduce the amount accordingly. Use the cream or gel twice a day, preferably in the morning and evening. There should be visible improvement within four weeks.
Possible side effects of azelaic acid
- Burning or stinging sensation on the skin
- In pregnancy or during lactation , as well as generally strong sensitive skin you should refrain from azelaic acid.
- The eyes can easily become infected on contact with the acid. Therefore, keep a sufficient distance from them when applying.
- If you experience severe side effects , first reduce the amount of cream and then apply it only once a day in the second step.
Impure Skin ? We'll show you what you can do about it. You will also learn from us how you can create a healthy nutrition plan . We'll also tell you about the diverse effects of ginger .